Name: Marian Go – Sam
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective date: 1st May 2018
The main purpose of the Policy is to place the Website in a position of compliance with its statutory obligations as they relate to information disclosure and protection. The relevant statutes are the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Enhancing Online Safety Act 2015. Failure to comply with the provisions of either or both statutes may lead to civil and/or criminal sanctions.
I am the sole owner of any information collected about the Website’s users. The only information the Website collects from its users is the information required to purchase its products. This information may be deemed “personally identifiable information;” either way, I will not use that information to personally identify you. If any information collected, distributed, secured and stored by the Website were to be used for any other purposes, they would be: to improve the quality of the products I offer for sale; and to otherwise enhance the users’ individual experiences with the Website.
The information you provide to the Website is confidential; I will never sell or rent your information to anyone, for any reason.
Please note that the words “I,” “me” and “my” refer to myself, Marian Go – Sam. The words “you” or “your” refer to you, a user of the Website.
As is the case with the Website’s Terms and Conditions, I may occasionally amend the Policy as I see fit. I likely will not inform you of the amendment if it is minor, but if it significantly affects how you use the Website, I will let you know about it in writing within fourteen (14) days of the date on which it will go live. Either way, kindly check the Website periodically so that you are made aware of any amendments to the Policy.
2. Information collected.
The information which the Website collects about its users may be regarded as “website information.” “Website information” is information which details how the Website’s users use the website. Examples of such use include: the audiobooks purchased, the price paid for the audiobooks purchased, IP addresses, and how the Website’s users discovered the website.
· The Website uses a virtual basket in which the Website’s products are stored/kept prior to their purchase. Cookies are what enable this virtual basket to perform that function.
· As indicated in the Website’s Terms of Service, the Website caters to children with the products sold through it. The Website is directed towards adults; specifically, adults who are parents of children.
· I do not knowingly collect, distribute, secure or store information pertaining to persons who are under the age of thirteen (13) years. If you know any underaged person who has accessed or used the Website, and/or she/he has provided her/his information to the Website, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com. I will delete that information from the Website’s servers as soon as practicable.
5. Information which personally identifies.
“Personally identifiable information” is defined as: “information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.” This definition includes information from which a person’s identity is reasonably ascertainable.
I will never disclose or permit the disclosure of any information which personally identifies the Website’s users, unless disclosure is to be made:
· pursuant to a subpoena or Order made by a Court of competent jurisdiction, an arbitrator or Governmental body, agency or official.
· to prevent or warn the relevant authorities about the commission of a criminal offence.
· as may be required by the Laws of Australia. If the Laws of Australia so require it, I will disclose all information associated with specific users of the Website, or its users generally (irrespective of whether the information is personally identifiable information).
7. Links from third party websites.
As stated in the Website’s Terms and in furtherance of the purpose of the Policy, I hereby reserve the right to prohibit any third party from linking to the Website, its information, and the products sold through it. If such linking is permitted, it must not be deceptive, and it must doubtlessly indicate the Website as the link’s destination. Kindly do not link to the Website in a manner which implies any association or endorsement where none exists.
8. Governing laws.
The Policy will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the Laws of Australia, whose exclusive jurisdiction we will submit to for any claim, controversy or dispute arising from or related to the Policy.
Copyright © 2018 Marian Go – Sam. All rights reserved.
Note: Updated on the 27th April 2018.